Friday, June 17, 2011

Hair. 'Nuff said.


So, we sent out our save-the-dates just a couple weeks ago and got some incredibly heart-warming comments from lots of friends: 'You're on refrigerators across the mid-state!'- Kari Neal. We were incredibly pleased with how they turned out. Daniel and I registered at Tartget last night which was interesting. I wasn't feeliing all that great and honestly, I was in a whiny mood. As Daniel and I were waiting for our registration to finish in the the Target computer system, daniel handed my a five dollar bill and told me to go get myself a snack so I'd feel better.
Now... little act might not sound like much, but the way he sweetly put his arm around me and said very softly, "you wanna go get a snack? It might make you feel better... go get ya a little snack," made me light up inside. Sounds simple and not that extraordinary, I know, but that small, kind gesture made me remember that he'll always be there to take care of me (in a totally, non-helpless, non-1940s housewife sort of way lol).
Anywho, out adventure began and we had a lot of fun with the whole registry process. Amy went with me to register for a few nice things at Neiderhauser's in Tullahoma earlier in the week, which was fun. I'm so glad she's there to help me thgrough these things... I know nothing about weddings lol. She's a blessing:)
I've gotten all three of my girls in dresses and ready to go... oh... and I bought my VEIL! It's A-MAZING... I want to wear it every day!
But anyway, back to the gist of this post... All my friends and family know that I've always been partial to shorter hair. Show me a girl with a cute crop and I go head over heels... After growing my hair out pretty long last year, I whacked it off just in time for Amy's wedding. Ever since then, I've been inchng shorter and shorter. I currenyl sport a messy, choppy, angled bob which I spray with at least 10 pounds of hairspray to get the messiness to last all day lol. Well... I'm getting a pixie cut in a couple weeks with sweet Erica Logan, who ALWAYS beutifies me. I swear, the girl can do no wrong when it comes to hair!
I'm going for a MESSY, layred, choppy pixie cut, a la Ginnifer Goodwin and Michelle Williams... two of my all-time fave hair ladies! Love it!







AH! So amazingly pretty to me. Now, I've had hair that short before... and it was my all-time fave. I'm ready to take the plunge. A lot of people are asking me, "but how are you going to wear your hair for the wedding?"
I've never been into big elaborate/intricate updos or flowing long curled locks... it looks amazing on other people, but it just doesnt work for me. Most brides tend to grow their hair LONG leadigng up to their wedding, and I keep going in the opposite direction. I can't wait to do it... although I think sweet Daniel might be a little concerned lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment